Friday, April 16, 2010

Too tired to update...

It's almost 1:30 AM and I'm just home from City of Hope...all went well and my mom is in her recovery room, trying unsuccessfully to sleep. She came through the surgery well, as reported by Dr. Kruper, her breast surgeon, and Dr. Tan, her plastic surgeon. I am too tired to post all the details of the day, but will do so hopefully tomorrow. The short of it is that everything was as suspected on one side (my notes are down at the other end of the house; will be more specific tomorrow), but the cancer had moved into the lymph nodes on the other side. Dr. Kruper was very surprised that the pathology report showed it in the lymph nodes because there was very little other evidence that it was there, so hopefully it's at the beginning stage...they will know more exactly this coming week with a CAT scan and bone scan. Dr. Kruper said the prognosis is still very good and sounded very optimistic. I will post more tomorrow. Thank you to all for the well wishes and support.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Shannon. So glad she did well. I hope all of you can get some rest.

    ReplyDelete