Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So, here I am on the night before the surgery that is going to change my life forever. It's a good thing that this past week has been really busy with work. It helps keep my mind on something besides what is going to happen. Tonight we went to dinner with our really good friends - Wayne & Pam, Gerry & Barbara, & Deanne, who drove here from St. George, Utah. I don't know how you get through these experiences without the support of great friends. We went to dinner at a nice little Italian restaurant that we have liked for many years. Wayne kept calling it my "Last Supper" since I cannot have anything else to eat or drink until after the surgery tomorrow. We finished it off with not one, but TWO chocolate desserts. Then we came back to the house and Gerry, Wayne, and Steve gave me a really nice blessing. As anxious as I am, I do have a peaceful calm feeling. I know that the next few weeks are going to be rough, but I also know that I will be fine. I have had so many telephone calls and cards from so many people it is really over whelming. So, I think I will sign off. The next few posts will probably be by Shannon. She will keep everybody informed of what is happening. Thank you to everyone.

1 comment: