Thursday, May 6, 2010

I know it has been too long since I last posted, so I will try to update. There really isn't much to tell. Each day the past week has gotten a little bit better. The pain level is now down to quite tolerable. I am not taking any pain medication during the day. I am back to taking my usual Advil PM (which I have taken for years) at night. It just helps me sleep. My arms are getting better. The left arm is doing quite well. I can get my hand above my head pretty well. The right arm is still a problem. That was the arm that they fished around for most of the lymph nodes, and as my surgeon said, "we couldn't save every nerve, so we have to sacrifice at least one." So I just keep trying to do my little exercises to walk my hand up the wall and try to stretch the nerve and muscle out. I know it will get better, but it is slow.
I did have a bone scan and CT scan on Tuesday. They were not as ugly as I was afraid they were going to be, but it was just a long day. Anyway, I do not have any results back from the doctor. I called this morning, but as of this evening, I have not heard anything. So that information will have to wait for the next post.
Laura has been here all this week. My mom was here last week. It has been very humbling to realize that you need someone with you to do the most mundane tasks. Obviously the Lord is trying to teach me some humility ( and patience and a dozen other attributes that I am supposed to be learning). But it has been really nice to have someone here while Steve and Michael and Shannon have been traveling around Spain and France. Michael has set up video conferencing, so every couple of days in the middle of the afternoon I get a text message to log onto the computer and he turns on the cameras and we talk. They are having a marvelous time. I just wish I was there, but that will be another trip. So, until the next post, thank you to everyone who has called, sent flowers and food, and just generally be a great friend. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment