Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Well, just a quick update. A few things have changed. The powers that be decided that they didn't need to do the bone biopsy. HURRAH!! ( I don't know how to spell that). Instead they are just going to start chemotherapy, and then I suppose re-scan me to see what if anything has changed. Because I had lymph nodes removed from both sides I am never, for the rest of my life, supposed to have IV's, blood draws, blood pressures, or injections of any kind in my arms. So they have to put in a port to take care of all of these issues. I thought that was going to happen today, but it didn't. At this point I am scheduled to have the port put it next week (which they informed me today is a surgery with general anesthesia) and then start chemo. So, next week will be an interesting week. Each week continues to get better, although I can't believe how slow it is. I still need my nap each day, but I can generally get by with only one per day. The pain level is going down, except for these little boob fills. This week I decided that I would only get half of what I got last week, and it is still very sore. I am not going to get a fill next week. With chemo and a minor surgery, I think that is enough for one week. So. . . that about catches everything up. As always, thank you to everyone who continues to support me. I really do appreciate all of the cards, telephone calls, rides to the doctor, and kind words. They mean a lot.


  1. Thank you God, for big favors, Yeah! no biopsy. You will be happy to have the port to take care of all those other issues.
    I will give you a call in a few days. Been gone celebrating my birthday all month and still going. Maybe hitting 60 isn't so bad (???)
    Thanks for your postings, much appreciated. Sending you love and prayers,
    D xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

  2. Thank you for adding me to your blog. I work at Cottage Preschool for Linda. My Mother-in-law had breast cancer and from start to finish, it was 1 year. What sustained her during this time was family, friends, her faith, and all of the prayers on her behalf from the Presbyterian church they attend in San Clemente, and from our church - Crossline in Laguna Hills. She went thru several emotions during her journey. She couldn't do all of the things she was used to doing. At times, she would fall apart and cry. Sometimes she just wanted to stay in bed and did. She got tired. Today, she is back to her old self and praises God for that.
    Laurie Guy