Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Well good morning. I guess it is time for me update and let everyone know that I am still alive and kicking. I had my 2nd round of chemo last Wednesday. I was really in a foul mood because why would I volunteer to be made so sick. But, never the less we went through with it. The first two days were not quite as bad, but then it started kicking in. By Friday I was sick, Saturday was worse, and Sunday was the very worst. Steve went off to church and I was still in bed when he came home three hours later. I finally drug myself up and retired to the sofa in the family room. As a side light the week before Father's Day is always a wild week. The day of chemo was our 38th anniversary. Thursday was Steve's birthday, Friday was Lauren's birthday and Sunday was Father's day. Needless to say I did NOTHING! Shannon and the kids came over and fixed dinner and I just laid there. I am slowly getting back to what ever normal is. I can do a little driving, but only close by. Yesterday I was feeling especially rotten emotionally. My hair has fallen out, so I am wearing a wig (which I hate), and my eyelashes are falling out. So I got in the car and went to buy some eyelashes and stopped at a wig store (I already have one) and the very kind lady helped me get it on so it actually looks better and feels better. So. . . I guess I can survive this also. Now if I could just see, the chemo has messed up my vision, and being over a certain age with progressive lenses, I can't figure out what part of the lenses I am supposed to look through. And since they don't fit well over the wig, and the frames were falling apart before all of this started, everything is sort of blurry. Anyway, I do OK as long as I do nothing. When I walk down the hall you would think I had just run up a very long flight of stairs. I went to City of Hope yesterday for physical therapy on my arms and shoulders so I can get some range of motion back. I had a driver from church take me. By the time I got home and tried to unlock the door my head was really spinning, and I couldn't even blame it on drugs. It took me about 30 minutes just to get my breathing to calm down.
Today, I am going back to City of Hope to start some genetic testing. They are trying to find out if I have a mutated gene that has caused all of this, since I have no family history. It will be interesting to get the results of this. I don't know how long it will take. So, until the next time, take care, and big giant thank you's to everyone who continues to be so supportive and either bring meals or take me to the doctor. We really do appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment